The congregation has always provided ample opportunities for service. Our members have worked with social service agencies and other churches in the area on varied projects.
- preparation of H.O.P.E. (Helping Other People Eat) lunches
- drive-through food bank collections for Ridgewood’s Social Service Association
- aid for other food banks operated by area churches
- the Baby Bank to provide supplies to new mothers,
- help with such agencies as New Hope Community Ministries
- As part of comprehensive Christian education, charitable projects are included in our Sunday School program.
Our Deacons carefully select worthwhile causes locally, nationally, and worldwide and regularly take free-will “second offerings” at Sunday worship to support them. Our church budget also supports missions, relief work, education and other efforts around the nation and globally sponsored by our denomination, theChristian Reformed Church in North America.
Among our special CRCNA friends are Mike and Megan Ribbens in Nigeria. Mike, who led our church as a summer seminary intern, now leads the Daniel Center in Abuja, the national capital, which trains lay Christians for church and civic leadership.
Among those in this area, we celebrate 40 years of work with Rev. Ken Vander Wall of the InterVarsity Christian Fellowship at William Paterson University and other area campuses.